50 Acronyms Developers Use
I asked on Twitter and you gave me the perfect answers.
I was wondering what acronyms does a developer use on a daily basis…
So I asked my lovely friends on Twitter😊
Related to development:
- KISS — Keep it simple stupid
- DRY — Don’t repeat yourself
- DDD — Domain Driven Development
- DHCP — Dynamic host configuration Protocol
- MVP — Minimum Viable Product
- MERN — Mongo DB, Express.js, React.js, Node.js
- MVC — Model View Controller
- MVP — Model View Presentation
- LAMP — Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP
- SQL — Structured query language.
- WET — Write Every Time
- ATM — Asynchronous Transfer Mode
- API — Application Programming Interface
- BDD — Behavior Driven Development
- CRUD — Create Read Update Delete
- CDN — content delivery network
- CI/CD — continuous integration continues delivery
- CORS- Cross-Origin Resource Sharing
- RCA — Root Cause Analysis
- RAII — Resource Aquisition Is Initialisation
- REPL — Read Evaluate Print Loop
- FOP — functional Oriented Programming
- EDA — Event-Driven Architecture
- TDD — Test Driven Development
- TCP — Transmission Control Protocol!
- POC — Proof Of Concept
- SPA — Single Page Application
- SRP — Single Responsibility Principle
- K8s — Kubernetes
- PWA — Progressive Web App
- LGTM — Looks good to merge (or Me)
- Wysiwyg — what you see is what you get
- WTFIGOWMC — What The Fk Is Going On With My Code
Some things I’ve NEVER thought of:
- ACID — Atomic, Consistency, Isolation, Durability
- AFK — Away From Keyboard
- AID — Am I Audible?
- ASAP — AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
- DAMP — Descriptive and Meaningful Phrases
- DIE — Duplication Is Evil
- F.O.C.U.S — Follow One Course Until Successful
- FYI — For Your Information
- LTA — Learn Try Apply
- OOF — Out of Facility
- OOO — Out of Office
- PEBCAK- Problem exists between chair and keyboard
- SPOT — Single Point Of Truth
- WFH — Work From Home
- WPM — WTFs per minute
- YAGNI — You aint gonna need it
Do you recognize any of these acronyms? Which ones do you use more often?
👋Hello, I’m Eleftheria, a front-end developer, master student, freelancer, public speaker, and chocolate lover.
🥰If you liked this post please share.
🍩Would you care about buying me a coffee? You can do it here: paypal.me/eleftheriabatsou but If you can’t that’s ok too!
🙏It would be nice to subscribe to my Youtube channel. It’s free and it helps to create more content.
Originally published at https://eleftheriabatsou.hashnode.dev.